Age: 5 years (approx. born May 2014)
Breed: Chihuahua x Bichon x Jack Russell
Registered with NZCAR: Yes
DogsNZ (NZKC): No.
Council Registered: Yes - CCC
Cat Friendly: Yes - With Support, lives with a foster cat.
Child Friendly: No - scared of children.
Human Sociable: Yes.
Dog Sociable: Yes - other Chihuahuas and other breeds.
Pippi was surrendered due to a change in the life circumstances of her former owner.
Pippi is described as a very sweet, loving and loyal little family member. Although she can be wary of new people and strangers and children scare her. Pippi is also described as very obedient. Pippi is toilet-trained and enjoys car rides, she is extremely clever and has one favorite toy she likes to take around with her. Pippi likes to sleep in a bread-basket with a fluffy cushion on top - we are advised this has always been the case! Pippi doesn't mind the crate and is a very quiet little dog who is easy to love!
Initially, Pippi is a bit shy and wary of strangers, she will need a supportive, patient and kind adopter willing to move at her own pace. In exchange she will be a loving and loyal best friend to you for many years to come!
Pippi has been de-sexed prior to coming into trust care and underwent a dental with ten extractions on 7 May 2019.
NZCR has also micro-chipped Pippi, and updated her vaccinations. Pippi has also been flea and worm treated.
Pippi is now deemed medically fit and ready to adopt!
- Pippi needs an owner who is a part time worker, works from home, or is retired. Part of the reason she was surrendered is her owner felt she needed some daytime company.
- Sorry no families with young children - Pippi would be unhappy around young children, they would scare her and she (like most dogs) is prone to nipping when uncomfortable.
- Fully fenced backyard, with no holes or gaps.
- Pippi likes dogs and would do well as a buddy to a similar energy dog. It would be great if her Adopter had another small dog(s) as Company for Pippi.
- Pippi is a bit shy and wary of strangers, she will need a supportive, patient and kind adopter willing to move at her own pace!
- An adopter willing to provide updates from time to time to Pippi's former owner via email. Pippi was surrendered due to circumstances and her former owner would like to ensure she is happy and okay.
Adoption Fee: $500.00 Please note: sorry we do not accept payment plans, as we need to be sure adopters are able to financially support dogs prior to adoption. The deposit needs to be made to the trust account prior to the dog going on trial.
Pippi comes with: Council tags, vet book, an ACANA/Orijen Adopter pack (which includes various goodies and the food she has been fed on), bed and bedding.
If you are interested in applying to adopt Pippi once she becomes available please go to the below link, scroll down and fill out the form. We do not consider queries via Facebook or email without the form. See also the FAQ for more information and to answer any queries you may have. Full terms and conditions can be found under the "adoptions" page or FAQ.