Arrived in NZCR care: 2 November 2020
DOB: 2 years old (DOB: 02/05/2018)
Breed: Chihuahua - Long Coat
Registered with NZCAR: Yes
DogsNZ (NZKC): No
Council Registered: Yes - Christchurch City Council (2020/2021 membership).
Cat Friendly: TBC.
Child Friendly: 8 years and older.
Human Sociable: Yes.
Dog Sociable: Yes.
* TBC = "To be confirmed"
We have actually had little Pippin in our care prior, very briefly. Last year, his owner thought they would have to move to Australia for personal reasons and surrendered him. In the end, they were able to come back to New Zealand while he was still in care and Pippin was returned. Pippin was their much adored pet and had been fabulously looked after so we saw no issue with returning him to a home in which he was loved. But this time, sadly due to personal health reasons, Pippin needs to be re-homed and we are very happy to assist.
Pippin is a very energetic, happy go lucky, social little guy who will make a great companion to his new adoptive family. He is very snuggly, affectionate and cuddly and enjoys being around people. Pippin is great when meeting new strangers also.
Pippin is great in the car and loves walks, he is also toilet trained.
Pippin is great with other small breed dogs (or Chihuahuas). He is polite and social when meeting other dogs and loves to play with them. Pippin also loves to play with toys.
* More information to be added at a later date - once we get to know Pippin better.
Pippin is de-sexed and micro-chipped, his chip is registered with the Council and NZCAR database.
Pippin will be vet checked and vaccinated up to date. He appears to be very healthy but any medical issues will be noted here.
Pippin had a dental in June 2020.
- Pippin is being fostered in Christchurch, and a local home is preferred. However, Pippin is able to be adopted outside of the Canterbury area if the Adopter is willing to adhere to our "out of town adoption procedure" see the adoptions tab for this information. This will include traveling to meet Pippin and his foster carer. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Full fencing is a must. Any adopter must have fully enclosed fencing with no holes or gaps and they must be of a decent height.
- Children 8 years and older would be fine.
- Pippin is a very active dog and will need an owner who is able to walk him a tleast once per day.
- No full time workers. Part time workers, retired (yet very active) or working from home (permanently) would be suitable. Pippin is used to someone home with her for much of the day.
- Pippin would be fine as a solo dog or with another small breed dog in the home.
* Pippin's adopter requirements may be amended at a later date.
NOTE: Before applying for our dogs, please do read the above adopter requirements and ensure that you meet these. We are very clear about the homes we are seeking. We set the adopter requirements after consultation with the foster carers and consideration of the dogs, needs, welfare and personality. They are strict requirements - no exceptions. Please do not submit an application if you do not meet the above, we will simply respond to confirm the application is declined. Unfortunately, at times this has been the case and we have had to disappoint prospective adopters. This is why we are clear about our requirements prior and note them above.
Adoption Fee: $500.00
NOTE ON THE ADOPTION FEES AND TRIALS: Our adoption fees are determined by taking into account age of the dog, overall health and funds expended to date on that particular dog. The trust uses these adoption fee funds on: desexing surgery, micro-chip and NZCAR registration, vaccines, Council registration, flea and worm treatments, plus any other essentials dogs require such as specialist medications or food, blood-testing, orthopedic surgeries etc. and any other dog disposables required for dogs in care. Please note: sorry we do not accept payment plans, as we need to be sure adopters are able to financially support dogs prior to adoption - sorry, no exceptions. Please note: the deposit needs to be made to the trust account prior to the changeover date of the dog going on trial. We do not accept cash payments on the date. The full100% of all adoption fees go towards the dogs in the care of the Trust.